Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sneak Preview of Next Week's Podcast, and Baking Day!

I plan to publish a podcast twice monthly, the 15th and last of each month, but I'll do blog updates in between.

The theme of next week's podcast is Tree of Life. Below you'll see the quilt project I'm offering, there will be a related paper arts segment, a fabulous recipe (hint: it's apple season in Michigan!), and I'll end the podcast with one of my favorite songs called, appropriately enough, "Tree of Life," composed by Eric Peltoniemi.



It's too bad that "smell-o-vision" for the computer hasn't been invented yet. Today is baking day at my house, and I'm baking a loaf of pain de mie (French sandwich bread) and a batch of scrumptious ricciarelli, Tuscan almond cookies. Heavenly!

Here's the pain de mie ready to go into the oven. Yes, that is a big rock on top of the pan. Yeast is really powerful stuff, and if I didn't have that rock on there, it would explode! (well, not quite that dramatically...)


And here it is right out of the oven -- for whatever reason, my oven was running hot today, so it's darker than usual -- but that'll make it taste even better.


Finally, here are the ricciarelli. Again, because my oven was hot, and the day was humid, they turned out flat and brown -- but, boy, are they crispy and delicious!


Thanks for all of the encouraging comments and emails I have received about my new podcast/blog -- it's good to know that I am on the right track. I'll tell you, it's pretty awesome to stand on the shoulders of all of the talented podcasting pioneers out there.

Ruthann



No comments:

Post a Comment