Saturday, April 24, 2010

Icon Quilt: Madonna of the Sweet Kissing

Ted's Goddaughter Ivy is making her First Holy Communion next Sunday. Since I've already made her a rosary, I decided to make her an icon quilt. The icon is called The Madonna of the Sweet Kissing. I made a similar icon quilt for my sister Karen last year.

The quilt measures 11.5 x 15.5 inches, and is quilted using a variety of variegated threads.

I've made many icon quilts over the past few years, and have had commissions for them. CLICK HERE to see a gallery of past icon quilts.

I'm really excited because Monday I take the Amtrak train to my sister Pat's in Illinois, and then we're driving to Ohio to Ricky Tims' Super Quilt Seminar. We are going to have a fantastic time! While I won't have a podcast this week, I promise to report on my blog, and I hope to share a photo or two, too!



  1. Be sure to get in line early to have your picture taken with Ricky, Alex & Libby. Also
    they will do autographs. They have their books
    to autograph and/or you can have them autograph your seminar notebook. You are going to have GREAT time! Wish I was going again.

    -debby, Chester, ny

  2. Your icon quilt is beautiful! Did it take you very long to make it?

  3. Really beautiful. I'm Greek Orthodox and this is the style of icons we use.

    I just had a conversation with a longarm quilter last week about quilting faces. I made a Harry Potter Quilt a few years ago for one of my kids and she was working on a fairy quilt with one of those flower fairy panels. We both punted and avoided the face entirely. I like your solution much more.

    Enjoying your podcasts!

  4. Your icon quilts look beautiful. I am not a person who likes wall hanging quilts but that is something I would definately hang up. Someday I would like to try doing that. Until then, I will continue listening to your podcasts and being inspired!