Saturday, April 24, 2010

Icon Quilt: Madonna of the Sweet Kissing

Ted's Goddaughter Ivy is making her First Holy Communion next Sunday. Since I've already made her a rosary, I decided to make her an icon quilt. The icon is called The Madonna of the Sweet Kissing. I made a similar icon quilt for my sister Karen last year.

The quilt measures 11.5 x 15.5 inches, and is quilted using a variety of variegated threads.

I've made many icon quilts over the past few years, and have had commissions for them. CLICK HERE to see a gallery of past icon quilts.

I'm really excited because Monday I take the Amtrak train to my sister Pat's in Illinois, and then we're driving to Ohio to Ricky Tims' Super Quilt Seminar. We are going to have a fantastic time! While I won't have a podcast this week, I promise to report on my blog, and I hope to share a photo or two, too!

'thann

5 comments:

  1. Be sure to get in line early to have your picture taken with Ricky, Alex & Libby. Also
    they will do autographs. They have their books
    to autograph and/or you can have them autograph your seminar notebook. You are going to have GREAT time! Wish I was going again.

    -debby, Chester, ny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your icon quilt is beautiful! Did it take you very long to make it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful. I'm Greek Orthodox and this is the style of icons we use.

    I just had a conversation with a longarm quilter last week about quilting faces. I made a Harry Potter Quilt a few years ago for one of my kids and she was working on a fairy quilt with one of those flower fairy panels. We both punted and avoided the face entirely. I like your solution much more.

    Enjoying your podcasts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your icon quilts look beautiful. I am not a person who likes wall hanging quilts but that is something I would definately hang up. Someday I would like to try doing that. Until then, I will continue listening to your podcasts and being inspired!
    Corinne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ran across your icon quilts on the web. They are so wonderful! I just wondered if you are an Orthodox Christian. I am an Antiochian Orthodox Christian and finding your icon quilts was such a fun treat

    ReplyDelete