The recipe is quick and easy, and is by far the best blue cheese dressing I've ever had. The addition of garlic and cayenne pepper help to even out the sweetness of some homemade blue cheese dressings.
Oh my goodness, I think I need yet a THIRD helping!
If you're worried about fat content, use low-fat mayonnaise and sour cream; you can also use a sugar substitute, such as Splenda. (Although I always use The Real Thing!)
Here it is:
Ruthann's Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I make my own mayonnaise)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese (I used Maytag)
Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until creamy. Thin with a bit of milk if necessary.
Serve over a wedge of iceberg lettuce topped with very thin slivers of sweet red onion, pineapple, and more crumbled blue cheese.
I dare you to eat just one helping! YUM!!!