Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dia de los Animales

I couldn't wait to post this photo. I bought the fabric for this quilt two years ago or so, and "discovered" it in my stash a year ago. I designed and made the quilt top and sent it to my sister Pat, who quilted it for me "freestyle" using her neighbor Deb's longarm machine. I am so very thrilled with how it turned out!

The fabric is from a line called "Folklorica" by children's book illustrator Julie Paschkis. Unfortunately the fabric is no longer available (unless you're fortunate enough to find it on eBay or elsewhere).

I named the quilt "Dia de los Animales," or "Day of the Animals," because the fabric reminds me of the wonderful textiles celebrating the Mexican holiday "Dia de los Muertos," or "Day of the Dead."

This isn't the best photo, but at least you can see the way I used the fabrics. There was a large panel which I cut into different elements, a really lovely border, and several blenders. I love the result! Thanks, Patsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment