Monday, May 6, 2013

¡Feliz el Seis de Mayo!




¡Hola!

I had planned to make our little fiesta Mexicano yesterday, but time got away from me. So today I made tacos for our late lunch. The recipe for the meat and the guacamole is from America's Test Kitchen/Cook's Illustrated, and the salsa is a Taco Bell copycat recipe I found online. The dish is displayed on my Mexican-themed quilt, "Dia de los Animales."

¡Muy delicioso!


In other news, I am nearly finished hand piecing my Dear Jane quilt -- just a few border triangles to go! After basting it, my plan is to hand quilt it, but this thing is HUGE, and I hope I don't run out of steam!  I figure that it really deserves to be hand quilted because I have pieced the entire quilt by hand, and machine quilting would take away from that work (in my opinion). I have been working on this quilt for years! It is wonderful to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

¡Hasta luego!

Rutaña

4 comments:

  1. Mexicans do NOT commemorate Cinco de Mayo. It was Budweiser who started this commemoration. I have several Mexican girlfriends and they think it is really funny Americans commemorate a date that means nothing to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many people in Pueblo would argue with you. But thanks for raining on my parade with such a (NOT) happy comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many people in Pueblo would argue with you. But thanks for raining on my parade with such a (NOT) happy comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Collection of Beautiful Things. Fashion, Hairstyles, Nail Designs, Gifts and more Hairstyles

    ReplyDelete