Thursday, April 11, 2013

"Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep!"

I keep promising to begin recording podcasts again, but I keep making excuses to avoid the microphone. So I am not promising anything -- just hoping that I finally get back to it.

Meanwhile, today I received an email from Deb asking whether I knew of a Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee redwork pattern. My "fans" may recall that I designed several Alice in Wonderland redwork patterns a couple of years ago, but never included the Tweedles. Today I drafted a matching pattern. I haven't had time to stitch it yet, but didn't want to wait to share the pattern. Thank you, Deb, for the inspiration!

CLICK HERE for the free Alice in Wonderland Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee redwork pattern!
So what have I been up to? Well, I finally finished the 25 blocks of the beautiful Edyta Sitar quilt called "Elegant Garden." I did raw-edge applique with hand blanket stitch around the zillions of pieces. I still have to make the borders, which are pieced stars.

I have also been cooking like crazy -- trying many new techniques and recipes, and developing a few along the way. I have fallen in love with serious bread baking and have begun ordering King Arthur Flour in 25-pound bags! YIKES, I hope I use it before the mice find it! (Don't worry, I have everything completely mouse-proof!)

And there is more, but mostly I just wanted to post this while I have a burst of creative energy!

'thann

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear from you Ruthann. Haven't seen you much on FB either. All that cooking and bread baking must be taking up all your time, lol!

    -debby
    Chester NY

    ReplyDelete