Monday, November 23, 2009

Finally Getting Back in Gear!

This morning I documented and baked the cookies for the November 30th podcast. These are The Teds' favorite Christmas cookies, although they can be made any time of year. They're Koulourakia, or Greek Sesame Twist cookies, and here's a sneak peek:

You know me, I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I love these because they're not overly sweet. I'm sure if you give them a try, you'll like them, too! Look for the recipe in the next podcast.

I'm half way done stitching the Alice in Wonderland redwork I'll be sharing. I have a story to go with this one, in defense of Alice in Wonderland and Lewis Carroll. Not telling which character it is yet! I'll also share a picture that Teddy painted from memory of this image when he was about seven years old. Alice in Wonderland was the first real book I read, and it was one of Teddy's, too. We each read it when we were six years old or so.

I still need to decide on a fiber arts project for the upcoming podcast, unless I make my Bonus Project the fiber arts project -- since it involves sewing and embroidery, I think I'll do that. I still need to decide on the bumper music. I think it's just too early for a Christmas song. (We observe the entire Advent season, so we don't decorate or play Christmas music until a couple days before Christmas Day.)

OK, so now that I'm back in the saddle, I'd better get those show notes written!

Later, 'gator!
'thann

No comments:

Post a Comment