Thursday, November 5, 2009

Soup, Beautiful Soup!

I recently watched an episode of Food Network's "Barefoot Contessa," and Ina Garten made a scrumptious-looking soup called Ribollita, which is an Italian vegetable soup. I ran out today and bought what I needed to make it, and whipped up a huge batch.

Here it is on the stove.


Here it is all ready for the deep freeze. It yielded 16 16-ounce containers. I almost doubled the recipe.


And here it is ready to make my tummy warm!

It's a terrific recipe, so easy, and SO good for you! It's very high in fiber, and if you use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock, and omit the bacon, it's a great vegetarian soup. Ted loved it and we've added it to our "Favorite Soups" list.

If you'd like to make the recipe, CLICK HERE for the link at Food Network.

I'm nearly done with the second tutorial, and then I'll finish the Fiber Arts project for next podcast. It's all written, I just need to finish the block so I can photograph it.

Later!
'thann

No comments:

Post a Comment