Friday, November 13, 2009

Knitting and Crocheting!

I really have to thank my friend Kathie for having faith in my ability to learn to crochet. I'm off and running! And because of her faith in me, I've also learned to knit. I have a LONG way to go, but I know the basics.

Well, I do have grandiose plans -- today I went to Knit A Round in Ann Arbor and bought fabulous yarn for nine scarves to make as Christmas gifts. I plan to use the same crochet pattern for each of them, so it'll be like an assembly line.

I also bought the magazine Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2009, and was charmed by the little knitted mice on page 121. I made one with catnip inside, which Titus Andronicus promptly stole. When it came time to photograph it for my blog, I couldn't find it. So I made a second one, which is below (and it received the "Titus Seal of Approval"!). I still wonder where he hid the first one!

 

So tomorrow my plans are to get going on those Christmas gifts! As I complete them I'll post with photos. As far as I know, no one on my Christmas list reads my blog. And if you DO, stop reading for the next month!

Who would have thought that just by starting my podcast and blog two short months ago I'd become such an avid knitter and crocheter? If you had told me, I would have said that you were hallucinating!

'thann

No comments:

Post a Comment