Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh, the shame!

I really let my sewing room/study get piggy around the holidays, and tonight I did a lot of cleaning and organizing. I found a lot of "lost" stuff, and tossed a lot of junk. I will have a couple of bins to donate to a Good Cause. The before photos were taken with my iPhone, which doesn't have a flash, so they're a little blurry and dark.

Without further ado, for your viewing pleasure, here is where The Magic Happens (before and after)!

My poor cutting table, completely obliterated by boxes (mostly Christmas wrapping and gift boxes).
Notice the watercolor of Titus in the foreground! My Bernina is under there somewhere...



Miscellaneous stuff stacked on my table that is usually bare, ready for me to create.


My computer desk -- buried in paperwork!

And now for the "after" photos, although some work still needs to be done:


My cutting table is uncovered! On the left is my prayer shawl in progress, and on the right is the Valentine's Day quilt from my upcoming podcast. The shelves above hold project in progress, each basket is labeled.
The bookshelf contains mostly crafting and quilting books.



Straightened computer desk, my Bernina is in view, and my beloved Singer Featherweight is completely accessible.


Bins, bins, and more bins -- they contain mostly fat quarters -- lots of Civil War reproductions for my Dear Jane quilt.
The shoe boxes contain stuff I make for consignment for my local quilt shop (notions-type things).



Old dressers come in handy. This one holds sewing notions and some of my son's expensive hand-made origami paper he special orders by the huge sheet. The crucifix on the wall is old -- it was a wedding gift to my parents in 1943. It's a "sick call" set and contains candles and a bottle of holy water.

So there you have it. My messy - then more tidy - sewing room/study.

I was feeling almost paralyzed because of the stacks of stuff and chaos. Now I am ready to get creative!

'thann


1 comment:

  1. Nice to see I am not the only one that lets art take over! I have been organizing myself. Nice to have a clean pallet to work with, huh?

    My post about your template went up today. Check it out and let me know if I need to change anything. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete