Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Preparing for the Next Podcast!

I know that Valentine's Day isn't until mid-February, but I thought I'd devote the January 31st podcast to projects specifically for Valentine's Day, so you have enough time to make them to give to your sweetie.

Right now, as I type this, I'm preparing and documenting the podcast recipe -- it's something that Teddy made several years ago for his teachers in elementary school. It was an enormous hit, and they still talk about it. It's super easy, but the secret is in the packaging. To go along with the recipe, I'll provide a couple of templates you can use to package the goodies. (No, I'm not spilling the beans! I want it to be a surprise!)

I'm about halfway done with the fiber arts project, then I need to create a project sheet for it. It's a quilt pattern that you can make as small or as large as you like. For the Valentine's Day podcast I used just one Moda charm pack (called "Candy Kisses," designed by Sandy Gervais). It's perfect for this holiday, but you can use any style of fabric. You can stop with just the center of the quilt, or you can add a cute border (which is what I'm working on now). My project is a wall quilt, but as I said, by using more charm packs, or your own fabric stash, you can make this quilt any size you like.

Have a creative day!
'thann

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your Valentine themed podcast. Thanks for all the time you put into all of your podcasts.

    -debby, Cheater NY

    ReplyDelete