Friday, January 22, 2010

Spoonflower - Custom Printed Fabric

This past week I did something I've been wanting to do for years. I ordered my own custom printed fabric! The company I used, Spoonflower, not only did an incredible job of printing my design, but they did it with super-fast turn around!

CLICK HERE for a link to my first fabric -- SURPRISE! It's Alice in Wonderland! (but of course!) The printing is exceptional -- vibrant and detailed.

The cool thing about Spoonflower is that they provide a whole line of different types of fabric, from quilting quality (I believe it's Moda cotton), bamboo/rayon/cotton blend (for shirts and dresses), cotton knit, canvas, and even upholstery. You can buy an 8-inch swatch for $5, a fat quarter, or any yardage you want. You simply can't go wrong!

I bought the bamboo/rayon/cotton, and it's just beautiful -- very silky and soft. I'm going to make myself a shirt. When I'm done I'll post a photo!

Additionally, if you want, they'll sell your fabric for you, and you get a percentage of the sales.

What are you waiting for! Get creative and design some unique fabric!

'thann

No comments:

Post a Comment