Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Alice in Wonderland Change Purse

Some little metal change purse frame that I ordered came in, and today I made my first change purse. Of course I used the Alice in Wonderland striped fabric I designed (thanks, Spoonflower!). I drafted my own pattern and now understand how the change purse goes together. There are patterns available for purchase on the Web, but I always like to try my own hand at designing my projects.

It's still a little trial and error -- I'm not convinced I used the right glue, but only time will tell. The change purse looks really nice, and I have four more frames to experiment with. I'm going to make a case for reading glasses -- all I need to do is make the purse part longer.

And here it is! My Alice in Wonderland Strip change purse!
Want to make one of your own? Here are the resources:
The fabric is my own design, available for purchase from Spoonflower. CLICK HERE for their Web site. Search for "Alice in Wonderland" -- my two Alice fabrics will show up in the search results.

I got the frames on eBay -- CLICK HERE for the auction. I am sure that this seller always has these for sale, so if the auction has ended, do a search for "purse frame" on eBay. The size of the one I made is about 2.5 x 1.75 inches, perfect for coins or other small items. If you make the purse itself longer, a pair of eyeglasses will easily fit inside.

Need a pattern? Well, I figured it out for myself, but if there's interest, I could draw up the pattern and instructions. The only thing is, my pattern is specific for this frame, and there are myriad other types and sizes of frames out there.

Anyway, I just wanted to share today's project! I hope you're all being really creative this week!

'thann

3 comments:

  1. Super cute, I'd love it if you shared the pattern! Thanks, Kristen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have the project written, but it really is specific to this particular frame style and size. What I will do is provide a link to the place I got my frames, and then provide information about how to draft a pattern based on whatever frames you might find.

    I'll offer this in a podcast in a month or so -- I've got the next couple already planned.

    As I always say, Stay tuned!
    Ruthann

    ReplyDelete