Here is the list I mentioned in the podcast:
- Lilian Jackson Braun's "The Cat Who..." mystery series
- Jennifer Chiaverini's Elm Creek Quilters series
- Diane Mott Davidson's food-related mystery series featuring Goldie Bear
- Terri Thayer's two mystery series, one about quilting, one about rubber stamping
- Monica Ferris' mystery series about the Crewel World needlework shop (always includes a pattern)
Here are the books I'm reading right now -- yes, I tend to read several books at once.
- In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan (his books changed the way I eat)
- Dead Ex by Harley Jane Kozak
- Cache of Corpses by Henry Kisor
My husband, Ted, is a much more erudite reader. His tastes tend toward history and biographies. Teddy reads a lot of fantasy literature, but intersperses it with classics. Right now, for example, he is reading Bleak House by Charles Dickens.
So that's how and what I read! And in perusing the list, I'm thinking I'd better add a classic or two to my list...