Sunday, February 7, 2010

Farm Town Insanity - Finding Beauty in an Online Game

I SWORE up and down that I would never play those silly online games. I successfully avoided Mafia Wars and Farmville on Facebook.

That is until this past week.

Two of my sisters pressured me to joining Farm Town (the British or Australian answer to Farmville -- don't know its history, but the spelling is not American -- I've got "neighbours" in Farm Town, but "neighbors" in my real town).

Anyway, so these two crazy sisters of mine got me to create a farm and told me, "You don't actually have to DO anything -- we just need another neighbor!" So I created my little farm (Mirkwood, naturally), and was GOING to let it be. But one thing led to another, and, well, now I have this enormous farm. And my siblings, who literally range across the entire United States, from California to Connecticut, talk sometimes three times a day (thank you, Skype!) and harvest and plow each other's farms.

HOWEVER, mine is not your run-of-the-mill farm. Nope, I decided to make it a quilty farm, and I think that it's quite pretty. Additionally, I created a farm for my husband, and I am his tenant farmer.

Here is a screen shot of my husband's farm as of this evening. His flowers are not in bloom yet, but when they bloom they'll be quite lovely. His center plot is a modified spiral.
 

And this is mine as of this evening. Again, not all of the flowers are in bloom yet, but when they do bloom, it'll be spectacular. As you can tell, mine looks like a quilt. I've had a lot of fun playing with different crops, and it's tricky because you have to make sure things are ready for harvest at the same time to make the most of the colors.
 

Yeah, we've kind of gone overboard, but for the time being, we're having fun! And it sure is wonderful interacting this way with all of my siblings!

Back to harvesting!
'thann


No comments:

Post a Comment