Monday, March 22, 2010

Commission for a Birthday Rosary

I've made rosaries (Catholic prayer beads) for years. I usually use Swarovski crystals, but sometimes use precious or semiprecious stones. I made my own rosary with real pearls (pearl is my birthstone).

At church Sunday a fellow choir member asked whether she could commission one for her husband's birthday, which is this Thursday. I'm glad I had all of the supplies on hand -- I usually buy the crucifixes and centerpieces as needed because they're expensive (I use only sterling silver).

Here is the rosary I made for Paul today. Most of the beads are onyx, but the Lord's Prayer beads are aquamarine Swarovski crystal with sterling bead caps -- aquamarine is the birthstone for March. The chain and wire are also sterling.

So, happy birthday, Paul! And, since you are Polish, I will sing, "Sto lat, sto lat, niech żyje, żyje nam!"

'thann

1 comment:

  1. Are you Catholic and over the age of 18? Have you said the Rosary Prayer at least once in the past year? If so, please take part in an anonymous research study online that examines the place of the Rosary Prayer in Catholic individuals’ lives. To participate in this doctoral research study, click the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/rosaryprayer Participation is anonymous and free of charge.

    ReplyDelete