Thursday, March 4, 2010

Inspiration on a Walk With The Teds

Today The Teds and I took a walk in a park we've often driven by -- we could always see it off of the I-94 freeway in Ypsilanti, Michigan. For some reason I had the idea that it was part of a country club, but a little investigation revealed that it's actually one of Ypsilanti Township's little parks along the Huron River.

North Bay Park is a series of tiny islands connected by pretty arched bridges. As you can see from the photos, it was cold but sunny. I can't wait to check out this park in spring, summer, and fall!

I was really taken with the beauty of the ice formations on the lake (which is actually just a wide portion of the Huron River). I can see a couple of photos I took being inspiration for a quilt or other piece of art.

I hope you enjoy my little slide show.
EDITED: Just noticed that I put the date as "3-4-20" -- no, we didn't do any time traveling today! Just a slip of the finger...
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: North Bay Park 3-4-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment