Saturday, May 29, 2010

Quilt Progress and Podcast Update

OK, so this silly virus has me feeling particularly uncreative, and so my podcast will be delayed a few days. I have most everything done, but need to finish writing the project pages.

In happier news, I am pleased to report that my new design wall is a HUGE success. (And yes, the upcoming podcast has instructions so that you can make your own if you don't already have one!) Every time I walk past my design wall, I get inspired to work on my current quilt.

I am not going to share much about my current quilt -- I want it to be a surprise. A few of you do know about it, but everyone else will just have to wait!

But I'm going to share one teeny piece of the quilt. Here's a close-up of one small area. This particular area is made of fused applique, and I'm doing machine blanket stitch around the edge of each piece. The fabric you see is Ricky Tims' hand-dyed. The bobbin thread is Bottomline, and the upper thread is King Tut variegated ("Pharaoh Tales"), both by Superior Threads. The pieces were appliqued using Steam a Seam 2 Lite, and the stabilizer is that gold paper that comes on a roll. This piece and two other that are similar will be needle-turn appliqued in place. VERY pleased with the quilt progress.
Don't despair! The podcast is in the works!
'thann

No comments:

Post a Comment