Sunday, January 24, 2010

Alice in Wonderland Shirt - Thanks, Spoonflower!

In my last post I said that I had just received the fabric I had custom printed by Spoonflower (http://www.spoonflower.com). I just finished the shirt I made using the fabric. What a pleasure it was to sew! The fabric is a bamboo blend and feels exactly like silk. I carefully laid out the pattern so that the images match perfectly in front. I used shell buttons. The shirt is large, so I'll wear it more like a jacket over a t-shirt. I made the sleeves 3/4 length rather than full-length (don't you hate it when your cuffs get in everything?). Here are the photos!

 
Close-up of the front -- see how the images match perfectly?

I love this shirt, and still can't believe how beautiful the fabric is. Seriously, if you have any ideas for fabric design, even family photos or your children's artwork, check out Spoonflower! The quality is wonderful, turn-around is super fast, and the pricing is fair (especially considering that this is unique, custom fabric!).

'thann (who, except for being happy about my new shirt, is under the weather today...)

4 comments:

  1. Just lovely!! Well done.

    I've ordered a similar Alice theme print I designed too, and am waiting patiently for it to arrive! The design is here if you want to check it out: http://m--sunflower.blogspot.com/2009/12/storybook-collages.html

    It's a pity I can't sew as well as you can! I soooo want an Alice style dress made out of it :) but I'm just gonna mount it on a frame for my first print I think. Then we shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shirt! I am a big fan of Alice too. I just designed a larger print for spoonflower and waiting for it to arrive. I love to restore old prints. I am looking forward to browsing your blog. So nice to meet you. Good luck on the contest this week. I have a large alice, but I am going to vote for you too.

    Stop by my blog, I am having a giveaway for the One World One Heart Giveaway.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete