Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Crochet Progress!

Here's a picture of my progress on my scarf so far. OK, so this is the easiest crochet pattern in the world (simply single crochet), but it's perfect for the beautiful yarn I chose. The yarn has uneven twisting (as evident in the unwound yarn in the picture) which adds a lot of texture to the scarf. I think when I'm done that I'll add fringe, so that means another trip to Crafty Lady Trio in Macomb, Michigan, to get more yarn. (Oh, darn! Another craft adventure!) I know about dye lots, but I figure that since this is a variegated yarn, and it's only the fringe, any variation in color won't be an issue.

Oh, and I do know that I'm supposed to roll my yarn into a ball -- I'll do that with the next two skeins. I was just too excited to get going on my little scarf!

It's Oatmeal Cookie baking day today! I used the fabulous recipe from my favorite baking book, Baking Illustrated (published by the wonderful folks of Cook's Illustrated magazine). In place of the raisins, though, I used dried tart Montmorency cherries which I soaked in hot water for half an hour first. I could have soaked them in brandy for even more flavor, but the only brandy I have is Courvoisier VSOP cognac, and I just didn't have the heart to spoil it! Here's a picture of the cookies. The tea was a gift from a friend -- it's steeping as I type this, and I can't wait to give it a try!

Later, Gator!



1 comment:

  1. Pretty!! Have fun. I look forward to the next podcast! Tami

    ReplyDelete