Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust!

Another scarf is done! I LOVE this scarf -- if the recipient (one of Ted's nieces) doesn't like it, I want it back! This is my very favorite color. The yarn is beautiful Shepherd's Wool in lime green from Stonehedge Fiber Mill in Michigan! YAY, a local product! The pattern is called "Circle in Square," and is, I believe, a traditional crochet pattern. Each square goes together in no time at all. I made eight for this scarf, and each measures 7 inches, so the scarf is 56 inches x 7 inches. Ted said it didn't need fringe, and I agree.

Three other scarves are done and just need fringe. That leaves only two go to, and now I am confident they'll all be done by Christmas!

I'll be honest and say I don't think I will get the ripple shawl done for my mother-in-law, so I need to come up with something else. Any ideas? She is house-bound and doesn't "need" anything, but I want to give her a gift.

I have choir rehearsal in a bit, but I don't have a voice and won't be able to sing for Evening Prayer. The only reason I'm going to rehearsal is to learn the music for the Christmas concert.

Later!
'thann

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I love this scarf too. Now, refresh my memory, did you just take up crochet? Because if you did, I want to as well. This is a beautiful scarf. Have you thought of selling them? I need one for my mom! Where are you learning how to do this????? BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Robyn. When I first started my podcast this past September I had never successfully crocheted or knitted, so I'm really new to both. This pattern (crocheted) is easy once you learn how to single, double, and triple crochet -- all of which are very easy. This particular square is, I think, a traditional pattern, but I got it from page 81 of "The Encyclopedia of Crochet Techniques" by Jan Eaton. I won't sell the scarves because, frankly, I don't think people would pay what it takes to make one -- what with the yarn and the per-hour "wage." Seriously, until September I'd never tried crochet whatsoever. If I can learn to do this in three months, you can, too!

    ReplyDelete