Friday, December 11, 2009

Gifts I Made Last Year

I thought I'd share a photo of one of the gifts I made last year. I made several watches like the one below (which belongs to my son's friend Angela). The watch work is marcasite, and all of the beads and findings are Swarovski crystal and sterling silver. They turned out so nicely!

I've been making jewelry for a good portion of my life, ever since I received a jewelry-making kit for Christmas when I was about 10 years old. I've since moved on to working with nicer beads, such as Swarovski crystals, semi-precious stones, and pearls, and sterling silver and gold chains and findings. Even using the better supplies, I can make unique jewelry for a fraction of the cost of what's sold in stores.

I also  make my own lampworked beads (heating glass rods with a torch). Some time later in my podcast series I'll share information on lampworking, and show you some of my beads.

Keep creating!
'thann

No comments:

Post a Comment