Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's All About the Fringe!

I finished two more scarves for Christmas. These are for two of Ted's gazillion nieces, two high schoolers. I think these are so cute! The scarves themselves are nice, but when I added the fringe, they turned out fantastic! Both are Plymouth Yarn Encore knitting worsted weight, wool and acrylic. For the fringe I used self-yarn and also a yarn called "fun fur" from Jo-Ann (I think this yarn is also called "eyelash").

This scarf is knitted in the seafoam pattern.


And this one is crocheted in a simple mesh stitch.

Each of these stitches is perfect for a beginner knitter or crocheter -- I know personally because I am brand new to both crafts! If you're a listener to my podcasts, you know that when I started in September, I had never crocheted a thing, and I had terrible experiences with knitting. Now I am fairly confident that I can crochet or knit most anything. All it takes is PATIENCE and CONFIDENCE!

Challenge: Make a New Year's resolution to try a new hobby! If you do, please let me know!

'thann

No comments:

Post a Comment