Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas Scarf #2 Done!

Here is the scarf I crocheted for my fabulous father-in-law, the original Ted Zaroff. It's made with Cascade Oatmeal Tweed Peruvian highland wool, and the pattern is in the current Crochet Today Special Issue.


I was blessed with THE BEST in-laws in the world. They have done so much for us over the years, and I can never repay them adequately for their kindness and support.

I still haven't decided on what to make for my mother-in-law. My husband suggested knitting or crocheting a shawl, but I am not confident enough in my new-found skills to attempt something so large. I've made her a lot of gifts over the years, so I need to come up with something good. She is bedridden, so a scarf isn't appropriate. I've already made her a beautiful lap quilt (grandmother's fan design) and a pillow in years past. Any other suggestions? Please post if you have a suggestion!

'thann

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Answering my own post! I just found a beautiful free and easy shawl pattern in my search on Ravelry. It's by Lion Brand Yarn, and it's a ripple shawl that measured 24 x 60. Looks incredibly easy and repetitive, so it's good for someone like me who gets distracted easily. Here's the link: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cms-rippleshawl.html?r=1

    ReplyDelete