Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Parker House Rolls - DONE!

Today I baked the rolls for Thanksgiving. I used the recipe for Parker House rolls in the current Holiday Baking issue published by Cooks Illustrated magazine. Parker House rolls are what Pillsbury rolls try to be. The rolls I made far surpass any store-bought or ready-to-bake rolls I've ever eaten. Here are photos of the process. I must say, this dough was just lovely to work with.


This photo shows the dough after the first rise and
separated into 24 portions. Each portion is rolled
into an oval, buttered, and folded over.



Here are the rolls after the second rise -- 
puffy and touching each other.


Here they are right out of the oven. Beautifully golden.
The house smells heavenly!



And here is the finished product.
They are so tender and buttery!


Unfortunately Ted and I could share only one roll because the others are needed for my family's Thanksgiving feast, and our little family feast. Even though we'll be eating at my sister-in-law's Thursday, I'm making an entire Thanksgiving dinner for just the three of us on Saturday so we can have leftovers.

I hope your Thanksgiving preparations are going well!

Gobble, gobble!
'thann

No comments:

Post a Comment